Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Off-White Whale

Ever had a pair of shoes that just gets stuck in your craw? Whether you never got them when you had the chance, or you got them and returned them, or just missed them, and you've regretted it ever since? Yeah, well, for whatever reason, Mel B from ShoeDazzle has been stuck in my head since I returned the jacked up pair of size 7's I got last year. I thought I hated them, but I just hated that pair, I think. Also, they didn't fit - the toe box is too tiny to describe in them. No, really. And we won't even discuss the infamous elf toe.
Even so, a few times over the last year I've seen a 7.5 pop up for sale or trade and seriously considered giving them a try. Yet, I shied away every time, until last week, when suddenly I had this overwhelming urge to have them in my life again. So I traded an unworn (and sadly forgotten) pair for them. The toe box is still tiny but they're in excellent condition and wearable, if not comfortable. And even if I never wear them, I'm glad I have them. Even with the nipple toe, they're just pretty.

I'll wear them though. With jeans and a damn t-shirt if I have to.

Here's to letting go of regrets.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment