Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Still on the Iron Fist kick...


I'll make this quick - I know I've been beating the Iron Fist drum for what seems like months now. I can't help it, their stuff is unique and comfortable. And adorable! So, when a LivingSocial deal became available for heels.com, I snagged it. It was also pretty awesome that I got 3 sign-ups through my referral and ultimately got the deal for FREE! I will never say no to free shoes!

First of all, I got my Filthy Landlubber fix by way of the Platforms, since the T-Bars didn't fit. These are wide but were fixable with inserts and are extremely comfortable. I'm not gonna lie, I prefer the look of the T-Bars to these. But I just had to have this pattern in my life. Little skulls in skipper hats? Yes, please. I wore them with white capris and a blue polo and got tons of compliments. Honestly though, I don't think anyone even noticed the skulls. <sigh>

Also, in the same shipment, I got my white whale from last year's collection, The Booze Cruise Platform. They fit exactly like the FL's and the Posey's from last week. I wanted these when they first came out and never found a decent deal on them in my size. To the untrained eye, they look like simple, sweet, little taupe pumps with abstract designs on the sides and polka dots on the bow. But look closer - those are little moonshine bottles on the sides. Which is freakin' fantastic. Until your coworker's 3 year old daughter notices them and asks, "What's that, Miss Andi?" Oops. I offered her a handful of M&M's in lieu of answering. She gladly accepted. They always do.

I will not say that this is the end of the Iron Fist. Mainly because I do have another pair waiting in the wings and it's about time for new releases to come out again. But I will say that I have others to discuss before I do any more Iron Fist so there will be a break. I promise. Really.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment