Sunday, March 4, 2012

If at first you don't succeed, buy them in another color.

About a month ago, I got a pair of Jessica Simpson Bendie sandals in "Deep Purple Kid Suede" in a size 7 from her website. I think I paid around $32 + shipping for them. Anywho, they came in and I hated them. They looked weird on my feet and they just had too much going on. So, I sold them to a sole sister.
Nope. Still don't like them.
Fast forward to last week. Jessica Simpson's website had the Bendies in the sale area for $21 + Shipping with the 50SALE code (which has since ended). I refused to believe that I could not own these shoes. So, I bought the "Blue Violet Kid Suede" in a 1/2 size down hoping that width was part of the issue. And you know what? I love them and they look so much better on me than the others. I'm so glad I took the risk.
Much Better.
The lesson here: if you really like the style of a pair of shoes, don't give up if the first pair you try doesn't work. Especially if they are real leather and super cheap.

As for Jessica Simpson's website, they redesigned and relaunched it last week and now it only has a couple of items and no sale section. I'm not very happy about this development - her site used to be a great source of unexpected (great) prices. I'm hoping they're still adding stuff and working out the bugs and that the site will be back to it's once great self.

No comments:

Post a Comment