Monday, August 6, 2012

The Steal of a Lifetime...

...well maybe not lifetime. But at least of the last month.

As I'm sure many of you have heard, Betsey Johnson's retail operations are bankrupt. This means she will no longer be selling direct to the public online or in brick-and-mortar stores. Her stuff will still be available through other retailers though, such as Zappos, Macy's, Dillards, 6pm, Heels.com, etc. So hope is not lost. But, because of this, her stores and online operations are going through liquidation right now and there are tons of sample sales going on. And I happened upon one helluva deal due to this unfortunate circumstance.
I've mentioned my quest to build up my collection of closed toe wedges and got really really lucky last week with this purchase. I found the Betsey Johnson Corsett wedge in blush (nude, really) for $20. It said it was a sample and had blemishes. But wait! I had a coupon also. So, I ultimately got these for the cost of shipping. I kid you not. These originally retailed for $139.95 at Dillards.

I got them in a 7 since that's what I always wear in Betseys but wish I'd gotten a 6.5 since these seem to run a little larger than her usual sizing. They'll be fine with an insert though. And they're really comfy. Oh, and the blemishes they said they had? It is one little pink spot on the inside of one shoe from where they rubbed the box. If I didn't know to look for it, I never would have seen it. As an added bonus, they're a very sensible 4.5" heel with a 1.25" platform. They're almost flats.

I'm gonna be a selfish squirrel and not tell you where this particular nut came from. I have found other huge steals from there and they have extremely limited quantities when they have them so I'm saving that info for myself. Sorry, girls, even the biggest enablers have to keep mum from time to time.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment