Thursday, June 14, 2012

Big Squirrels Don't Cry - or Do They?

Last week, a very dear Sole Sister, Tara, emailed me and asked if I'd be interested in one of her custom shoe creations. I've seen her work and it's amazeballs (h/t Abigab), so naturally, I said yes, sight unseen. The next day, she uploaded pictures of the actual shoes and I squealed when I saw them. I couldn't believe that anyone was a)capable of such an artistic feat and b)wanted me - little ol' me - to have and wear them. It is one of the sweetest things I've ever had done for me. I got a little teary eyed at this point, I gotta admit.

They came in yesterday and ohhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh gaaaaaaaaawwwwwwdddddd!!!!!! Look! Just look at them! They speak for themselves! But, this gorgeous design is not all. There's a hidden secret on these babies...


Yes, you're seeing that right. It's a squirrel...with a shoe. A freaking ShoeSquirrel!!!! On my shoes!!!! Yes!!! I actually cried when I saw them. And then I danced, and squealed and cried some more. I never claimed to be a strong, unemotional squirrel. You guys! My shoes have squirrels with shoes on them. It just doesn't get better than that. <wipes eyes>

But, it doesn't stop there...no...she also made a second pair and sent them to the lovely Amy-wamy. These are gorgeous! They make me want to get married all over again. They're not over-blinged and that's what makes them great. A true artist doesn't need to cover the entire shoe. I'm seriously considering commissioning a similar pair for myself.
I have done some small, basic bling-ing of heels. Mostly of the heel-bedazzling variety. It's got nothing on these. I am honored to own a pair of these shoes. Unfortunately, I'm torn between never taking them off or displaying them in a glass case. 

I just want to stare at them in awe. 

Thanks, Tara! 

2 comments:

  1. Does Tara have a page for her custom work? I know what I'd like to by as a birthday gift to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I'm aware of, but she can be found on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tara.sproule

      I'll add a link up top, I didn't even think about that. I was so caught up in the excitement. ;)

      Delete